Monday, May 24, 2010

birthday lamingtons


It was Mum's birthday last week, so in lieu of a big cake I decided to make some treat sized lamingtons ('make' being assemble as the sponge came from New World, I love bought sponge, and let's face it, pink lamingtons aren't the most natural of food products!) I froze the sponge to make it easier to handle, then trimmed the edges off, cut it into little cubes and dipped them into a mixture of 1 pkt strawberry jelly, 1 c boiling water, 30g butter and 2 c icing sugar, that had been left to cool for an hour. I rolled them in shredded coconut, then they went back into the freezer to set, and then were cut in half and sandwiched together with a spoonful of strawberry and rhubarb jam and whipped cream. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. What pretty birthday lamingtons! Despite my aversion to coconut, these look delectable. Happy birthday Helen! XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...