Friday, May 7, 2010

A few of our favourite things...

Libby: One of my favourite weekend lunches is halloumi cheese. I sliced up a small block of Zany Zeus halloumi, fried it for a minute on each side in a heavy pan and ate it with grilled baguette, greens and a squeeze of lemon. Deliciously salty and just a little squeaky!

Miriam: My Nana & Grandad lived in the small South Island town of Temuka. When Grandad was in his 60's he developed Alzheimer’s disease. As his memory began to fail him, Grandad would go for walks into town and would often decide to buy his dear wife something nice, such as a new necklace, handkerchief or some fake flowers. Grandad wouldn't remember that he'd already bought Nana a necklace/handkerchief/fake flowers the previous day/week/month/year. And so it was that Nana developed quite an extensive jewellery, handkerchief and fake flower collection. Both Nana & Grandad have since died, however, as one of four Granddaughters, I've inherited 1/4 of Nana's necklace collection. I love rummaging through this treasure trove of bling and can find jewels to suit any occasion. I'm sure both Nana & Grandad would be pleased with how much wear the necklaces get!


Becs: Daisy caught a cold last week, and the rest of the family were quick to follow...so I have been drinking a lot of hot lemon honeys lately in lieu of soy flat whites. When I was pregnant last winter in the midst of the swine flu outbreak I drank a hot lemon honey every morning and didn't once get sick. Might be time to start that little ritual up again...

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of the haloumi lunch, it looks like something served up at Nikau! Might go to Mefco and pick up a pkt of theirs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy just loves bling at the moment, she is like a little magpie. Am sure she would love to get stuck into Nana's treasure trove!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...