Monday, June 28, 2010

A few of our favourite things...


Becs: I love custard, and saw this product from Tatua on special for $1.99 at the supermarket the other day, so I bought a couple. It was lovely. Perfect with the pear and ginger pudding we ate last night. Or simply by the spoonful. It is silky smooth, not too sweet and has a subtle vanilla flavour. I plan to use my second pack in a batch of rhubarb and custard brioche. I think everyone should have a pouch or two of Tatua custard in the fridge on standby (they have a really long shelflife) to partner winter puddings.


Miriam: I have been baking for years and have never owned scales, which in hindsight is ridiculous. Well, thanks to Mum & Dad's generosity with their hot points, I am now the proud owner of these Salter electronic scales. They are my new favourite thing and make baking so easy, I can't believe I didn't jump on the bandwagon years ago!


Libby: my favourite website at the moment is http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ its the best place to buy cookbooks! They have almost any title you could ever want and the prices are fantastic - especially with the current exchange rate. So far I've bought Ottolenghi & the Bourke Street Bakery books and my wishlist is growing... its a highly addictive website and many hours can be spent browsing.

1 comment:

  1. As a long time follower of this blog, I have been disappointed by the content of late. Namely the latest entry 'dinner date' posted by Miriam Horgan.

    This blog is entering an entirely new realm if potential suitors' food creations are to be given blog space. I fear for the authenticity of the blog, I truly do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...