Monday, September 5, 2011

a few of our favourite things...

Miriam: HOME! On Saturday I returned home after a great 5 weeks spent in Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I'll write about some of the culinary highlights in the next few days, but for now, my favourite thing is home. With the sun shining, lovely friends, family and a boyfriend happy to get out of bed at 4am to greet me off the plane, life in New Zealand is pretty good. Our friends organised this a delicious 'welcome home' lunch for Lewi and me, with many of the ingredients coming from my favourite food shop Nosh. Oh it's good to be back!


Libby: Aunty Von's lemon honey taste so close to homemade you could transfer it into a little dish and serve it up alongside freshly baked scones and pass it off as your own. The ingredients list is surprisingly brief for a commercial product: eggs, butter, sugar, lemon sugar and a little pectin. I love it on pikelets, scones and crumpets, folded through whipped cream and used to sandwich meringues (in which case I would make actual homemade lemon curd with the leftover egg yolks) or as I did on Sunday.... baked inside a crunchy lemon muffin.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! Looks like a lovely spread :)

    I've never tried this Aunty Von's lemon honey but I think I will have to. Lemon honey is such a favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...