Monday, June 11, 2012

A few of our favourite things...


Libby: A weekend in Christchurch always means Saturday morning at the Christchurch Farmers' Market. When visiting on the weekend I picked up 1/2 a dozen macarons from J'aime les macarons. My new favourite flavours from their winter flavours is peanut butter and jam, closely followed by Milo - brilliant green shells filled with Milo ganache! You don't have to visit the market to get your hands on some of these beautiful macarons - there are two stores in Christchurch or you can order online.

Miriam: On Saturday Mike and I popped into Galbraith's Alehouse for a wee tipple.  We discovered this Gunnamatta beer by Yeastie Boys on tap.  This beer is a "tea-leafed" India Pale Ale, made with earl grey blue flowers.  I've recently become quite fond of earl grey tea, and this beer helped to further solidify my fondness.  You can really taste the earl grey flavours coming through, and it's so unexpected but yet so good. See if you can hunt this beer out and taste it too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum!!! This macaroon looks simply delish. I imagine the Farmers Market it pretty cool too. Glad to see that there are still some lovely things for the people of Christchurch to enjoy - goodness knows, you all deserve it :-) Becks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milo ganache? That sounds like a crime against macarons to me! But I bet they look beautiful... I love the soda stream bottles in the previous post, they look gorgeous. What a blast from the past eh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...